Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Alas, no submarines are featured in this exhibit...

Maybe I haven't been blogging so much, but I am featured in my first ever art exhibition, as you can sort of see above [click pic to enlarge]. I'm even listed as a composer, which is perhaps misleading, but it's the kind of misleading I could get used to. So, no, I did not write the little musical excerpt you see above (can you ID it?), although I did introduce it to Jim Zingarelli, who then went to work on it in ways I'll explain in a post yet to come. [One of Jim's fantastic paintings figured in a past post which anticipated some of the questions that came up in our collaboration.]

I'm not much of an artist myself, although I have drawn my share of submarines and intersecting planes (geometrical, not aeronautical) while listening to various classroom lectures over the years. Still, it was lots of fun to rub shoulders with art types at the Opening on Saturday, and the experience of the collaboration has inspired all sorts of thoughts that I hope to blog about some day. For today, you just get the pretty picture above.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Thanks for your amazing website. Just finished gnashing my teeth over Vivaldi's Four Seasons and April Showers. Then I checked and see you gently pointed at Silvers for stealing it. No disguise even attempted by the brazen Mr. Silvers. Just laughing all the way to the bank. It's a cruel world.